Reporting to the Lead Physicist you will work to maintain and service vacuum systems in a clean room environment.
Job purpose/ key responsibilities and skills:
Joining a highly experienced technical team, the Vacuum Systems Technician will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of a vacuum system for production. Working within a team of scientists, the role will include maintaining and servicing vacuum systems, implementing and improving clean room protocols, sample preparation and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Servicing of vacuum systems including larger systems and cryopumps
- Use of leak detectors to target maintenance efforts
- Implementation and development of clean room protocols
- Preparation and cleaning of samples and substrates
- Strong practical background
- Extensive experience in commissioning, servicing and maintaining vacuum systems
- Experience in operating in a cleanroom environment
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office packages
- Experience with PVD systems would be advantageous
Ideally you will be extremely practical, with a large amount of experience with relevant vacuum systems. As this is a small, early stage company you will have to be a strong team player with a flexible approach to work. You will be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to safety and cleanliness.