Job Title: Software Engineer - AI/ML
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Salary: Competitive / DOE
Closing Date: 17th October 2021
Novosound is looking to employ a software engineer with experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to work on an exciting new project at the limits of ultrasound. The candidate will work closely with our highly skilled team of sensor physicists, engineers and electronics/firmware specialists to analyse ultrasound signals using the latest technology in AI/ML for improving image quality, measurement fidelity and customer insight. The candidate will have the opportunity to work across a range of applications in both medical and industrial sectors.
An undergraduate degree (or PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering is required. The role is open to recent graduates as well as those with some commercial experience. Whilst experience in Machine Learning and Computer Vision / Image Processing is absolutely beneficial, we are most interested in talking to candidates who have an excellent physics/engineering grounding with experience of applying software engineering (and its principles and good practice) to solving problems. Quickly.
- 2.1 Honours University degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages in particular Python, R, and Node.js
- Experience of libraries such as scipy, numpy, scikit-learn, tensorflow, pandas, keras etc
- Knowledge of the use of and development of signal processing and image processing algorithms
- Knowledge and/or experience of hardware and software integration, for example RPi, Arduino, ESP32 etc
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of architecture and design across multiple systems
- Experience of UX/UI design (MVP level)
- As well as being qualified, we’re looking for someone who loves tech; perhaps also a hobbyist who, while having an AI/ML specialism, is a generalist when it comes to Full-stack development and likes getting their hands dirty on prototyping weird ideas that may not work first time
As part of this team, you will:
- Analyse and classify ultrasound data sets against real world situations
- Build features / attribute libraries
- Develop algorithms and workflows for the processing of large ultrasound data-sets
- Represent and produce images from the data-sets
- Contribute to the fast-paced development of a range of products and product lines.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary technical team to enable the highest quality digitalisation of our ultrasound signal pathways from sound to screen
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applicants.