Based near Glasgow, Novosound is an award-winning, fast-growing and high-technology company striving to push the limits of ultrasound imaging and measurement. Utilising the latest thin film deposition methods, Novosound has created a novel and ground-breaking technique for the mass-production of printable ultrasound sensors, eliminating conventional limitations in ultrasound technology.
Novosound’s in-house design and end-to-end manufacturing capabilities enable the production of ultrasound sensors which are flexible, resistant to extreme temperatures, lightweight, low profile, compact, and capable of producing high resolution images.
Today, Novosound has grown rapidly to become a global business working across a wide range of diverse industry sectors and has received a number of awards from several leading institutions for its innovative ultrasound technology.
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to lead two areas of our expanding business, specifically material planning and production management. Reporting to our Operations Manager, you would join a growing team at our development and manufacturing facility near Glasgow where our next-generation ultrasound sensors are produced. Ensuring that production processes run reliably and efficiently, you will be responsible for product planning and delivery whilst maintaining a customer-centric mindset. Enthusiastic and self motivated, you will be interacting across a variety of teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Engineering or Management.
- Comfortable using a variety of software productivity tools in a paper-free office.
- Ability to create short and long term plans to ensure successful delivery of responsibilities.
Material Planning and Production Management
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for foil production & probe assembly.
- Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Coordinating raw materials as well as other parts and resources that are needed to manufacture products.
- Finding vendors, scheduling deliveries, and negotiating materials costs.
- Respond to customer feedback & complaints by developing corrective actions.
- Sourcing & Purchasing new materials against technical requirements.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently within our ISO9001 environment.
- Design new systems as required to continuously improve our Yield & Leadtime.
- Planning and organising production schedules.
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers.
- Manage the production team.
- Ensure the team can work efficiently - be a champion of lean working.
- Ensure the team can work safely - be a champion of our H&S policies.