Job Title: Electronics Design Engineer – Mechatronics
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Salary: Competitive / DOE
Closing Date: 17th October 2021
Novosound are looking for an electronics or mechatronics focused engineer who enjoys the complexity of novel design challenges and can work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will design, prototype, and develop solutions that use our high-resolution ultrasound transducers to create scanning systems for a range of medical and industrial applications.
- Degree in Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years design experience
- Experience of designing electro-mechanical assemblies
- Practical experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Good prototyping skills including soldering of surface mount components
- Proficiency in PC-based Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with computer programming such as Python, C, Java, Matlab or Labview desirable.
- Experience with 3D printing and rapid prototyping beneficial
- Experience with ultrasound technology and/or optical scanning systems is desirable but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a degree of professionalism suited to communication both internally at Novosound and externally, with partners and customers.
- Transform customer requirements into design specifications and test documentation.
- Design and build specialist electromechanical systems for ultrasound applications
- Electronic design including ultrasound transducer drive circuitry
- Electronic hardware debugging of systems and sub-assemblies
- Designing for manufacture
- Creation of documentation to support product development within regulated markets
- Working proactively to complete scheduled tasks on time
- Taking full ownership of tasks and clearly communicating with our internal and external customers from the beginning to end of projects.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applicants.