Job Title: Electronics Design Engineer - Biomedical
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Salary: Competitive / DOE
Closing Date: 17th October 2021
Novosound are looking for an engineer with substantial experience in the design and development of products within regulated markets. Working with other engineers and our Quality Department you will steer the development and deployment of complex embedded medical solutions through the framework of ISO13485. You are likely to have prior experience designing for a medical field along with high-level knowledge of other technical disciplines such as Systems or Software Engineering. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment and should be comfortable managing changing priorities.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years design experience
- Strong analogue and digital design skills
- Practical experience working to Medical Device regulations such as ISO13485 strongly preferred
- Competent user of ECAD and simulation tools.
- A creative solver of technical problems
- Proficiency in PC-based Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, to deadlines, potentially on multiple projects
- Transforming customer requirements into design specifications and test documentation.
- System-level down to PCB-level design of medical ultrasound solutions
- Debug of electronic hardware that is part of a larger ultrasonic system
- Using your knowledge and experience of EMC / LVD regulatory testing to take your designs through the CE regulatory process
- Design Verification & Validation activities to support ISO13485 process
- Writing technical documentation including feasibility studies and experimental results.
- Working with our project management team to produce key deliverables on time
- Peer reviewing
- Mentoring of other engineers
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applicants.