Reporting to the Lead Physicist you will work to improve and characterise the thin film that makes up our core sensor material.
Job purpose/ key responsibilities and skills:
Joining a highly experienced technical team, the Deposition Engineer will be responsible for optimising the thin film meta-structure of the core sensor material. Working within a team of scientists, the role will include characterising the deposited films, and adjusting the process parameters to achieve the optimum structure.
- Overseeing and performing characterisation of thin film material, including but not limited to x-ray diffraction, thickness measurements, surface roughness, mechanical properties and film integrity
- Adjusting process parameters to achieve relevant thin film properties
- Developing surface preparation procedures to ensure good thin film growth on substrates
- Write technical documentation including deposition procedures, test procedures and reports
- Strong academic background
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of thin film deposition using reactive sputtering
- Experience in thin film analysis and characterisation
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office packages, as well as experience in data analysis and visualisation software
Ideally you will be educated to MSc/PhD level in Physics or Chemistry with strong focus on thin film deposition. As this is a fast moving, early stage company you will have to be a strong team player with a flexible approach to work. You will be able to demonstrate a logical and proactive approach to problem solving with methodical debugging and fault-finding skills.