Job Title: Business Development Manager
Commitment: Full -Time
Salary: Competitive / DOE
Novosound is an award-winning ultrasound sensors manufacturer located near Glasgow in Scotland. The company produces a range of innovative products using its novel thin-film manufacturing processes which address conventional limitations in ultrasound technology.
Novosound’s highly acclaimed technology is flexible, high resolution, and capable of operating at extreme temperatures enabling the business to solve some of the biggest challenges in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), Medical, and Wearables Sectors.
Novosound is expanding the commercial team and is looking for a talented Business Development Manager who will drive sales of Novosound’s products and services nationally and internationally. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing revenue for our array of product ranges but also facilitating joint technology development projects.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of engineering and technology, and the ability to engage and influence at a senior level with leading businesses to create a continuous pipeline of recurring sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will also be willing and able to travel extensively outside the UK, including Europe, North America and Asia and most other industrialised countries, and be capable of delivering exceptional results to deadlines and budgets.
This is an exciting role with an attractive package based on experience.
The Business Development Manager will form part of the Commercial Team working closely with the CCO and CEO plus technical teams to implement the business strategy. This role will be primarily focussed within our medical product line, so key experience should be primarily in medical technical sales and services. BDM will be expected to operate within a close-knit team but also independently to achieve ambitious business growth targets through direct client interactions. Specifically, this role will focus on developing client relationships and communicating technical solutions and services both nationally and internationally.
- Lead generation and client account management.
- Deliver a range of sales and marketing activities that generate new leads and recurring sales to achieve sales growth targets.
- Ownership of the appropriate sales pipeline and CRM, from identification and prospecting to closing and customer management.
- Understand the market, the customers, the applications, and the competition, and be our market expert for the companies range of ultrasonic products and services.
- Manage key account relationships and customer projects to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service from Novosound.
- Be suitably qualified in an appropriate discipline probably with a science/engineering degree and/or a minimum of 5 years in sector related experience.
- At least 5 years’ successful experience in business development, preferably within technical sales.
- Experience of selling into medical markets, specifically; devices, products, and/or partnerships.
- Ideally experience in and understanding of medical imaging and ultrasonic technology, specifically of transducers and imaging/data collection methods.
- Experience of successfully engaging and selling into blue-chip engineering companies internationally
- Able to demonstrate projects and product sales that have been prospected through lead generation and taken through to delivery and after sales support.
- Comfortable working with an early stage business.
- Demonstrable capability to achieve goals with a collaborative and partnership-oriented approach.
- Exceptional communication skills, to articulate clearly the technical advantages and performance benefits of Novosound’s products and technology.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, able to manage own time and meet deadlines within a team, working in a dynamic SME environment.
- Available for extensive overseas travel to client meetings, conferences and tradeshows.
- Capable of working with modern remote working techniques and hardware
- Willing to take on any other reasonable task or responsibility as part of the role.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applicants.