Novosound is an award-winning ultrasound sensors manufacturer located near Glasgow in Scotland. The company produces a range of innovative products using its novel thin-film manufacturing processes which address conventional limitations in ultrasound technology.
Novosound’s highly acclaimed technology is flexible, high resolution, and capable of operating at extreme temperatures enabling the business to solve some of the biggest challenges in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), Medical, and Wearables Sectors.
With a focus on NDT, Novosound is expanding the commercial team and is looking for a talented Business Development Manager who will drive sales of Novosound’s NDT products across UK and North America. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing sales of both the ‘Inspection’ and ‘Monitoring’ product ranges while scanning for new opportunities to collaborate on joint technology development projects.
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in this rapidly growing business, working closely with the Business Development Director and Technical teams to implement the overall NDT sales strategy for the region predominantly within the Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Aerospace, and Manufacturing sectors to achieve ambitious business growth targets through direct and distributor sales channels.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of the technology, experience working in the NDT space or similar, and the ability to engage and influence at a senior level with leading businesses to create a continuous pipeline of recurring sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will also be willing and able to travel extensively to North America, and capable of delivering exceptional results to deadlines and budgets.
This is an exciting role with an attractive package based on experience.
- Develop Novosound’s NDT business across UK and North America achieving quarterly and annual business goals and objectives.
- Deliver a range of sales and marketing activities that generate new leads and recurring sales to achieve sales growth targets.
- Ownership of the sales pipeline and CRM, from identification and prospecting to closing and customer management.
- Understand the market, the customers, the applications, and the competition, and be our market expert for this region.
- Manage key account relationships and customer projects to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service from Novosound.
- At least 3 years’ successful experience in business development, preferably within the NDT market sector.
- Experience of selling into any of the following: Aerospace, Nuclear, Manufacturing, Plant, Process Control and Oil & Gas sectors
- Ideally experience in and understanding of NDT and ultrasonic technology, specifically of sensors and transducers
- Experience of working with blue-chip clients, ideally in North America.
- Able to demonstrate projects and product sales that have been prospected through lead generation and taken through to delivery and after sales support
- Comfortable working with an early stage business.
- Demonstrable capability to achieve goals with a collaborative and partnership-oriented approach.
- Exceptional communication skills, to articulate clearly the technical advantages and performance benefits of Novosound’s products and technology.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, able to manage own time and meet deadlines within a team, working in a dynamic SME environment.
- Available for extensive overseas travel to client meetings, conferences and tradeshows.
- Willing to take on any other reasonable task or responsibility as part of the role.