Job Title: Application Specialist – Biomedical Sensors
Reporting to: Executive Product Development Manager
Salary: Competitive / DOE
The candidate will be responsible for the development of sensor technology and imaging techniques with a focus on biomedical applications. They will be working closely with Novosound’s multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers, as well as the wider commercial and operations elements of the business, to facilitate high-quality and innovative product delivery. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver, passionate about innovation and keen to work in the rapid and challenging environment of a start-up company.
- First Class Honours Bachelors degree (or higher) in Physics, Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-3yrs professional experience with technology development; ideally in the development of biomedical ultrasound devices and/or sensor applications.
- Experience with medical device compliance, including ISO 13485, highly desirable
- IT proficiency, including core Microsoft packages
- Experience with computer programming such as Python, C, Java, Matlab or Labview.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive materials/issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a degree of professionalism suited to communication both internally at Novosound and externally, with partners and customers.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Design, model and build ultrasound sensors for biomedical applications
- Participate with hands-on development, prototyping and testing of potential biomedical products
- Document observed results, analyse data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations during product development activities
- Produce clear plans and reports of progress relating to biomedical applications, to be communicated with line management and the wider company
- Communicate with external customers, including participation in meetings to advise on enquiries, inform analysis and deliver results. This will also include producing professional level documentation and reports on the outcomes of testing and development for dissemination to customers.
- Co-ordinate effectively with engineering staff, advising on the technical aspects of sensor development and applications. This will include the production of concise specification documents to aid in the development of components, products and systems relating to biomedical sensors or applications.
- Communicate with relevant suppliers and partners.
- Co-ordinate with operations staff, producing procedural documentation to aid the handover of production steps to the operations team at the end of the development cycle.
- Engage with the wider industry and research community to ensure Novosound are implementing cutting edge technology and techniques.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applicants.